Most "beginnings" start small and slow. So why do we get so impatient? We are starting something fresh and it seems like such a far, far, far away and foreign place we are headed. Will we every get there? Small beginnings can bother us for countless reasons.
Here are 10 Reasons Why "Small" Beginnings Bother Us:
1. We compare to "bigger" things and come up lacking. We may see others doing this or already in that "far away" place and when we compare it leads to despair.
2. We focus on what's not working instead of what is working.
3. We are living in the future rather than in the present.
4. We have failed to see the gifts available, right in front of us in the midst of the small beginning. These gifts are here before significant growth takes place. Like recognizing the "missed" moments we could have cherished with a child but we were "busy."
5. We think it's easier for everyone else and they were able to skip this part or get through this "phase" in break speed. When this happens, it's good to ask or research some of those people and what the "beginning" was like for them.
6. We are stuck in our past. Maybe we have tried this or something similar before and know "failure" all too well. It's hard to believe that this time could be different.
7. It is a beginning that we did not choose and we are spending time grieving over what "ended" that brought on this new, small beginning.
8. Fear. We chose this new beginning and pushed past the fear to do this. Because it's new and the fear has been around longer than this small beginning, we question if we should have even started this new beginning. Will we really be able to stay committed and do this?
9. It's all new and we can't see the whole path to our destination. We are wondering if the path will look like what we have envisioned. The small beginning can bring up more questions than answers. How will we live with the questions of not being able to see the whole path at the beginning?
10. Small beginnings can bother us when they are small and slow because we have a dream! There are no small beginnings when there is no hope. No dream. No vision. So it's be bothered and learn how to navigate through the beginning or have no hope, dreams, or vision.
What is the small beginning you are experiencing? What will it mean if you turn back? What will help you to stay the course? What are the unique gifts in this time of a slow, small beginning? What are some more reasons why small beginnings bother you?